Monday, June 19, 2023

No Mail

 As soon as it was light enough to see outside this morning I asked Mark would he like breakfast now or after moving a bale in for Rosaleigh and Irish. He chose to move move the bale first.  I kept the two  mares busy with grain while he opened the gate, drove the bale in, drove the tractor out and shut the gate.  The mares were happy both for the grain and the new bale. While he put the tractor away I cooked him a nice breakfast. 

After breakfast was over I left for the walk. Today we ventured off road and hiked one of the trails Mark has been working on. The video was taken earlier but this was the trail that we could actually walk the entire way as it had been opened up since this video was taken.
One of the campers had a problem with a water pump so Joan called the trailer repair place and they were willing to have her take it down today. I stayed at mom's while Joan did that.  Ruth stopped in around 11:00 am. She and Fedi had just been to the dump. They gave up their dumpster as the price of having that has risen considerably. She said it was a 10 minute trip from their house and cost nothing as long as it was under (I think she said 500 pounds). They will be able to go twice a month for free. Anna came to clean the 5th wheel to prepare it for the guest coming in this afternoon. The last guest that left this morning left a nice 5 star review: Judy went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable. We will be visiting again. The person booking was named Mark. Then asked if it was safe area writing: I will be traveling with our 2 year old son and my husband wants to know if it is safe and secure. I really wasn't sure what to think but then her next message was "my name is Sarah, this is my husband's account." She really was happy here and enjoyed meeting all the horses. She and her son were out visiting the horses when we walked this morning so was introduced to Ruth, Diane and Joan. When I asked her if the tractor this morning woke her. She told us that they were already up Joan replied, "she has a 2 year old, of course she was up!"  Anna came and cleaned up the 5th wheel for the man coming in tonight. I bought a set of queen size sheets on Amazon for just $12.00 so we could just put on clean sheets instead of waiting for the bedding to wash and dry. Anna reported they are VERY thin sheets and will probably not  hold up. My mistake you really do get what you pay for. Mark got home around 3:00 pm, we went out together to empty the tanks. Not much was in any of them but I like to start with empty tanks for new guests. No mail today, some new weird sort of government holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment