Saturday, June 10, 2023

Exhausting Healing

 I started running a low grade fever last night and was chilled so didn't sleep well. The incision site still looks fine so it is probably something minor. Mark left for work and I was pleased to be able to dress myself even socks and shoes thanks to that sock assist. My first job was to take the golf cart up to the apartment and look for the towels for the 5th wheel. They were not in the apartment so Joan was called, she had washed, dried, folded and taken them to the 5th wheel. I just couldn't walk up the steps into the 5th wheel. At that point I drove to mom's and was visiting with Diane when I mentioned a few of the problems at home like no clean towels and not being able to straighten out the 5th wheel. She was more than willing to let me sit with mom, took the golf cart to my house first to put a load of towels in the washer then cleaned up the 5th wheel for the lady coming in this afternoon. Have I ever mentioned how thankful I am for sisters!  While at mom's we watched horse jumping on youtube. 

It wasn't too long until I needed to head home for a nap. I put the loaded chicken pot pie from Shirley L in the oven before laying down so it would be done for lunch.
When the timer went off I was in such a deep sleep I couldn't figure out what was making the noise. The pot pie was delicious. 
Mark got home for lunch and also enjoyed it. We also enjoyed a slice of zucchini bread Shirley sent. After lunch my guest arrived but sent a message she was lost and ended up by the big barn. Mark went out to search for her but couldn't find her. She had found the correct 5th wheel, got unloaded then drove in to Bartonville for groceries. I noticed this morning that the middle paddock needed a new bale so when I heard Kensley and Taegan talking outside I whistled loudly so they heard me and came to the house. They took the golf cart over to Joan's to pick up Braelyn to help with the moving of the bale. Mark used the tractor and the 3 girls kept the horses from getting out while the bale was placed. I took the girls back to Joan's on the golf cart and noticed Irish and Rosaleigh were grazing in the back field, that gate was wide open. I can't leave them in that field, the foals learned how to climb through the wires but they were left for a while. I really needed to salvage what ever grain we had left from the raccoons and asked Mark if he would please put all the grain in one garbage can and bring it down to the house. 
This is not a job he would prefer to do but it was needed, we are currently over run with coons. My guest sent a picture of Rosaleigh's colt running around outside the field. One more time I asked Mark to take me up to the barn to collect horses. He really groaned at that request but I grabbed a scoop of grain, got near the paddock, called the mares and they right away came to eat. We drove back to the back gate and Mark shut it then checked gate in the middle paddock where he put a bale and made that secure also.  Ralph and Jamie stopped by with a beautiful bouquet and a couple of bluebirds sitting by a stone with the saying, "As for me and my house we will serve the LORD"
The apartment booked and the guests arrived this evening. They were very glad for a quiet place in the country for the night. They came in for some baseball tournament and will be coming back to Peoria in July and want to stay here then too. I was glad I had stopped in at the apartment this morning and checked it over.  I've already had 2 naps today but am more than ready for bed. Healing is exhausting. Before going to bed though I'm going to make myself useful and make the coffee for tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment