Thursday, June 29, 2023

Much NEEDED Rain

 Since we were up early I left for the walk early. The sun was out and the Yucca plant was blooming. 

I stopped in at the barn and noticed we have doors!
Instead of riding the golf cart I walked to Joan's and back and didn't hold the other walkers up by going too slow. Berlica and her friend were leaning against the house each holding a kitten.
Joan has 2 kittens both females looking for new homes and they are ready now.
Their mama is a wonderful mouser. She came trotting up with a chipmunk in her mouth, then when she thought I was going to take it, laid on it. 
After the walk I left for Sam's club to pick up food for the camping trip Monday and Tuesday at Middle Grove. We have reserved just 1 trailer and will haul that out on Monday. Joan took the motorhome in filled the gas tank, bought a new house battery and now the generator works perfectly. When I got home from Sam's we had a surprise, it started raining. Then the day turned dark and the wind picked up. We got 2 inches of much needed rain during this storm.

This storm did some major damage. The big oak tree at Spark and Rhonda's fell and destroyed their barn.


The truck and boat seem to be ok.  People arrived to help clean up the area and pull the truck and boat out.  Rhonda sent a text, "many hands make light work." They quit when the drive was cleared, the insurance people will need to come before the barn is taken down.
I started feeling chilled and realized I had a fever again and spent the rest of the day in the recliner trying to get better. This is just so strange, there was no fever this morning but by afternoon it was up to 102 degrees. This evening the fever is dropping and I'm almost back to normal. Probably some bug I picked up. Mike got Jewel covered by Evan.










No comments:

Post a Comment