Sunday, June 11, 2023

One Step Back

 I was weaker this morning, the fever hasn't left and kept me chilled all night. Bonnie B sent me this picture 11 years ago and today I'm sharing it here as today wasn't easy.

Mark left for church I just stayed covered up on the recliner. Rhoda sent a text that she was talking to Peg (Peg is the wife of our tax man and the daughter in law of my good friend Roma) at church, told her my symptoms and Peg said she needs to take me to a prompt care. I agreed. Rhoda arrived after Peoria's morning service so I was able to watch Craig Stickling give the message on the Free Wellspring of Water Jesus offers all of us. IF interested in watching this service click HERE. We drove to the prompt care Google said was open but it wasn't so instead when to Proctor Emergency room asking for lab work. Blood was drawn and sent to a lab. Those results were actually a little encouraging. I was sent home from the hospital on June 7th at a 7.2 and had risen to a 7.9 in the 5 days since surgery normal is 12. The ER doctor asked for a urine sample as all of the symptoms matched and sure enough I have a uti caused from being catheterized for surgery. Next we went to Kroger to pick up antibiotics then home. Those were started along with iron. The good was I did not need a pain pill this morning so those have now been discontinued, the blood pressure is holding steady so far with just 1 pill in the morning and 1 baby aspirin to keep the blood flowing through the joint. The bad was a big step back in energy level. This too shall pass.  Mark was home when we arrived and Rhoda had him come out to help her get all my work done.  The fly traps have all been installed on each paddock, the stall barn was cleaned, Evan got a new bale, the dishes got washed and put away and 2 loads of laundry done. Mark was so impressed with Rhoda he insisted we hire her. Oh how I wish lol. She lives in Deercreek with 2 small children. IF Rhoda was around I bet even the fencing would get finished. Maybe Mark can find a new helper for that. Diane and Nancy stopped by after church, Diane told us how she ended up having to give a jeep ride at Middle Grove to 8 girls and Crew for Irelyn's birthday party,  got the jeep stuck going up a steep hill, rolling backwards trying all ways to get it up the hill and finally getting the jeep into 4 wheel low and making it up the hill. The girls were all so excited it was the highlight of the birthday party. Of course they also enjoyed being pulled around on tubes on the lake. It sounds like they all had a wonderful time even if it was scary rolling backward down the hill. Diane and Nancy left to pick up Mike and drive to Tremont for the invite. A nice 5 star review came in from the lady staying in the 5th wheel: A great place for a beautiful sunset, rainy morning, peace and quiet and a cordial host. I would return.

No comments:

Post a Comment