Monday, June 12, 2023

46 Years

 I was getting ready to climb on the golf cart for our morning walk when Ruth arrived with a delicious loaf of fresh baked bread from Steven for Mark and I. She ran that into the house then drove over to mom's. I got to mom's about a minute later. We talked about trying to take mom on the walk this morning but the temperature was in the low 50's and Joan wasn't here to help get mom on the golf cart so will plan that for another time.  Joan had a full house, she had Bill and Bethany's children over the weekend as Bill volunteered for boys camp and Bethany volunteered for girls camp. Sean, Heather and Elly had also stayed. Bill and Bethany had plans to leave at 7:00 am but were missing I think Daisy Mae's crocks so by the time we arrived they were all still here. The crocks were found, Joan and Heather came running up behind us. We think they planned it all to show off how THEY can still run. Ruth stopped in to visit with mom then left early. She has been helping her daughter Rebekah move. She was telling us that Rebekah's neighbor is Matt and Jennifer Feucht and they happen to have children around the same age of some of Rebekah's.  After the walk I stopped to check out the fly traps Mark and Rhoda hung yesterday. This first picture is of  Valiant's paddock.

Rosaleigh saw me coming with the golf cart and came up to beg for her grain but I didn't have a helper so she had to wait.
Below are a few more paddocks with their fly catchers.
I noticed Tessa was sound asleep near Jewel and her colt. That is Valerie at the gate.
It is very good that the yearlings respect the mares and fit right into the herd. I would really like to move Valerie and Tessa out to Middle Grove next week if I have help. Indy's colt, wearing the green halter, has to stay as he needs to be gelded before heading out there. Tessa saw me coming so stood up. 
I'm still running a low grade fever so sat down to read and fell sound asleep. Rhonda arrived with a gift of home made soap from her grand daughter Noel.
She asked if I was ok and the only complaint I had was I couldn't get my feet warmed up. She came back with foot warmers. Anna, Braelyn and Taegan arrived this afternoon to clean the apartment and the 5th wheel. I am so thankful for their help. When Braelyn came down to the house to get supplies I took her up to the apartment with them all. Taegan came back with me to help grain the horses.  Before sitting back down I took Shirley's left over pot pie out of the fridge and turned on the oven to preheat thinking we would have that for our dinner and had just sat down when Mark walked in with a fried chicken dinner from Kroger along with a dozen pink roses as today is our 46th anniversary.
The pot pie was put away for another day and the oven turned off. I didn't even wait for supper time, it was good, hot and ready just then. This afternoon I was searching AC Central and found David had spoken in Gridley June 7th Wednesday night. That message From Anger to Joy was really good, I think they held it in the downstairs Sunday school room so David could use power point. If you would like to hear watch HERE.   Mark and I watched it together this evening.  Incision pain is much less today.












No comments:

Post a Comment