Saturday, February 28, 2015

Church Cleaning

Last night Indy tested at 200, less than a 50/50 chance of delivering. The monitor was turned on and would only show the ceiling of the barn. Either a cat or bird knocked the camera part the wrong way. Mark just happened to have a ladder in the back, pulled it out and moved the camera so it was facing the correct way. Watching the monitor it was evident that Indy was comfortable, obviously not in labor. The thermometer was reading 3 degrees when Mark brought in a box from his van he forgot to bring in earlier. It was the brand new heater we had just ordered a few days ago so we put it together and started it up in the stall area. The heater works great, before I left for the night the temperature in the barn was at 36 degrees. Mark and I went to bed early and were sound asleep when the smoke alarm started chirping at us at 1:00 am. Why does the battery decide to quit working at that time of the night. Since I was up anyway I took the golf cart up to the barn to check the mares. Both mares were surprised to see me and neither of them were in labor so both were thrown hay then back down to the house where Mark had just finished removing the smoke alarm. We went back to bed and slept until 5:30 am. This morning Indy had a lot of waxing but didn't progress as much as I'd hoped testing at just above 250. I'll check her in an hour then decide if I'm spending the night in the apartment. Karin is willing to stay there to help with the birth if needed tonight.
Once the stalls were done, horses fed and breakfast done,  we picked up mom and Diane then drove to church for the annual church cleaning. We were thrilled to see how many people came to help with the cleaning. Below are a few pictures, the rest are placed on Mark's Facebook page. I didn't have my camera and just took a few with my phone.





The many many hands really did make the work load light. It was amazing how much got done this morning. 
Phil and Anna brought the girls over for the afternoon while they spent a few hours working on their house then stayed for supper. I'm just now getting the laundry done and will head up to the barn soon. Praying I have pictures of a healthy brand new Friesian foal tomorrow morning. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had quite a long day. Glad to hear it being easened by a heater functioning at its full capacity. In any way, I'm glad that everything worked out well and that you've accomplished so much. Thanks for sharing that! All the best!

    Monique Wells @ Metro Heating & Cooling

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete