Sunday, March 1, 2015

No Baby

Testing Indy last night showed an 84% chance she would deliver. Now who figures out these statistics? We had no baby. Joan was hosting the young group for a taffy pull and if the chances were good that she would deliver I was to call over for anyone who wanted to have a good old fashioned birthing party. Once Indy was tested I decided not to call. Even though 84% looks like a good chance of having a baby it wasn't good enough to have hoards of kids not slumbering in the apartment. As it was I could only snatch cat naps during the night. Indy was very restless (first stage of labor) walking in circles and figure 8s trying to get comfortable. I must have slept sometime during the night. At one point I got up to throw more wood in the fire and discovered a body laying in front of the wood burner. A few taps on the body and it moved at that point I asked, "who IS this?" Anni replied, "it's just me". She must have slipped in when we were all sleeping. Karin had her move into the second bedroom. At 4:30 am Indy went over to her hay pile and started munching so I got up, cleaned stalls filled their water buckets and came down to the house to make a pot of coffee. I'm not sure how the day is going to go. Do I leave for church or stay up at the apartment and try to get some rest? If Indy doesn't go today the chance of her going tonight is 98%. I'm tired just thinking about another night up. I must be getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment