Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Herd at Middle Grove

Last night I decided to wait until this morning to shower and wash my hair, so this morning around 6:30am I turn on the shower to find we have no hot water. Thankfully Mark was able to get the water heater working in time. We needed to arrive by 8:15 am as Mark promised to open the front doors at church by then. Today was the annual business meeting at church so the morning service was slightly shortened. Now I don't know if the speakers have become that much better or I've grown up but I enjoy the business meeting now. When I was young I dreaded them. They only come once a year but would seem to take forever. There were reports on the Skyline Home, the Handicapped Home, the Children's home, the charity fund, Berean Prison ministry, Midwest Food Bank and Light House school plus some others I know I'm missing. The most touching was Steve LaFont. He was the last to go giving the Light House report and after hearing the others speak was almost too choked up to give his report. Of course all of us women had sympathy tears.
Mike and Diane got back this afternoon and before the sun left us Mike took a trip to Middle Grove to move bales and check on the herd. He took the pictures below.
 I won't try to identify each horse but the leader in the picture above is Oksana. She will be 2 this year.
 Below Mika is in the lead followed by Lilypony then Jewel and Promise followed by a walker then a bunch of Friesians. They are all lined up watching to see what Mike is going to do next.
 I'm going to have to head out there soon to bring back the horses going to the Fair in March. The riders are going to want to start practice soon. Speaking of the Horse Fair, Karen Freeze, the lady in charge of the entire fair called today to see how we felt about the breed and sport demos performing back in the livestock arena. Last year they were held in the coliseum but not published anywhere and no one knew to come there to see them. So this is fair warning if you want to watch the Friesians or Vaulting you will have to get there early to get a good seat. That livestock arena ends up standing room only on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment