Monday, April 4, 2011

Nice Updates

Vicki sent the pictures below of her Raven son now almost a year old. Didn't he turn out GORGEOUS!


We so much appreciate seeing how these babies grow up. Alicia Cooksey tells me that her 2 year old filly by Raven out of her Arabian mare is like a golden retriever, she follows her around and wants to be with her people even more than with the other horses.
Jenny who has Big Sally and Glory sent the email below tonight:
I have to lodge a complaint about Glory. I think her breeding must be flawed and something missed somewhere. I believe that her sire could NOT have possibly been Raven, but an elephant must have snuck into the family tree somewhere instead! ROFL!!! Judy, she is going to be well over 17 hh I believe! I've never seen such a tall youngster! She turns a year old at the end of this month and it is almost to the point that I can't see over her back while grooming her. There are times, if Sally's belly wasn't so large, that I could mistake them for one another in the pasture. She is very tall, very thick and VERY elegant. Couldn't be happier with her! lol! We had the vet out last month for them all to receive shots and have coggins drawn. I was a little concerned how Glory would react, but she stood like a perfect lady, not moving a hair, til the vet was done. To say I was proud would be an understatement. Just goes to show what wonderful breeding and handling her often can do. :0)

Notice the HAIR on that filly, remember she is not even a YEAR OLD YET. She makes her dam, who we called BIG Sally, look small.
I'm very thankful for both updates. Just had to post a couple of the pictures sent today on the photogallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment