Thursday, September 2, 2010

Traveling Preparations

Not an encouraging morning at the farm again, the filly is caked with diarrhea she is very lethargic and Samantha's udder looks as if it has not been nursed on. Once the udder was milked out, Lily milked and the filly fed, she was given her medications but the IV left until after the walk. Mike moved in 2 new round bales in the Friesian paddock, then I had him look at the skid steer, it started squeaking and smelling of burning rubber. He found a bearing out, Mark was called to arrange sending it in for repair.
While giving the IV the filly nursed twice. I only have enough lactate ringers for today, one more dose of biosponge (horse kaopectate given every 12 hours)and I used the last of the ketoprofen (happy juice given each morning). I guess I should call and order more supplies. And the bills keep coming!!!
Taunya is picking me up for the trip to Chicago and the laundry must be done including washing and drying my shoes before she gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment