Friday, September 3, 2010

Catch UP


Taunya, Addyson and I left for Chicago yesterday a little after 2:00pm hoping to meet Ben's plane due at 5:35pm. Should be more than enough time right? Not so! We got stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for over an hour. Ben landed and got the shuttle to the hotel so when we finally got moving we drove straight to the hotel.
Rhoda called to get instructions for the filly and put in an entire 5 liters to hold her off for the night but also told me the filly was doing well, she hadn't seen any diarrhea and the filly was feisty. Mike did the 10:00pm pills and also called to say the filly reared up on him and was feisty and he saw no diarrhea. Steven got to the farm early went to hook up the IV and couldn't do it so I asked him to go ahead and pull the line. He gave her the other meds, cleaned her off and spent quite a bit of time observing her and also felt she was feeling much better, nursing well and feeling feisty.
Addyson and I left for home around 8:00am, she promptly fell asleep in her car seat and slept the entire 3 hour trip home. Sarah got home from school at 2:00 and started caring for Addyson leaving me time to get to the farm. The filly needed her 2:30 meds but when haltering her I noticed a lump at the IV site with pus coming out. That was why Steven couldn't get the fluid to go through. Dr. Pallen was called and she wanted her hot packed and on Exceed which meant another trip back to Morton, IL. I did not return all the bags of IV yet just in case of a problem over the weekend. I walked into mom's house to get a bucket of hot water and rags, saw Rachel Sauder and just said, "help!" She jumped in my stinky car without even asking what I needed. She hotpacked the IV site while I drove to Morton.
Dr. Pallen told me the vet from the panacur company did call her and actually told her to tell me he wanted to apologize for the way he treated me on the phone.
Once back at the farm the filly was lying down and just stayed down while the shot was given. I'm not too concerned at that, she ran from me earlier when I wanted to put the halter on her. No new diarrhea either.
My second son's 30th birthday is today and Anna, his wife has invited us to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner and back to her house for cake and ice cream. Anna and Phil will be watching Addyson for the weekend then she gets to come back to us.
Once home there is an email from Earl Ringger with pictures of his Raven filly born this spring. He said even though her foal coat is faded she is BLACK and BEAUTIFUL! She is now weaned and ready to be sold. Earl is into quarter horses and thinks this filly is way to fancy for his farm. IF anyone wants a fancy black Raven filly that comes with a reduced breeding to Evan at age 3 email us an offer and we will pass it along to Earl.
Steven checked Jenis and as she was still in got her covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment