Friday, August 14, 2020

Middle Grove Trip.

Martha sent another picture of Cinnamon's colt by Evan. This colt is SO beautiful. We still don't know if he is going to be a blue roan or stay black.
Just Ruth and I walked today. We quit early so Ruth had time to take her dog home and still be back by 8:15 am to take mom to her next doctor appointment. I took the truck and trailer to Middle Grove. The first thing done was to drive to the end of the property just in case I could see the horses from the road but they were not in sight. I drove into the winter pasture and started hiking straight up the hill, no horses. From there I walked the ridge looking both right and left. Thankfully Mike has a path mowed making the hike a little easier. No horses but I saw a mama deer cleaning off her fawn.
 She heard me but I stood still so she wasn't sure where the noise was coming from. 

 When I put the camera up she took off and so did her fawn. 
 The fawn still has spots but is obviously a few months old and the spots are fading.
They were the only 4 legged creatures I saw in this pasture and I searched it all. Next I drove into the summer pasture and up to the round pen and there was some of the herd lounging under the trees.


 Below is Hadassah's filly by Evan now named Madallen which means Magnificent and she really IS magnificent. I was searching for any white hair on her body when I took this picture. I saw NONE. I think she has a good chance of staying black.
 Jewel's filly by Evan is also magnificent.
 The sunlight is reflecting off my truck onto Brynja, Lola's filly by Valiant.
 Oksana and her colt were put in the round pen the trailer backed up to the round pen gate and they loaded right up. IF you would like to see the rest of the pictures from Middle Grove click HERE. I did not take the time to search for the missing horses. Tomorrow I MUST find them though as Lily's colt needs to be back here by Monday to get his blood drawn for the coggins test. Hopefully Mike can help find them with the 4 wheeler.  When I got back to the Hanna City farm they were taken to the round pen so I could get some pictures for the website and the colt's owner.

They were put in with the other mares and foal and I left to run to Pekin stopping first at Aldi for groceries and then Stock and Field to buy vaccines for the foals leaving. I bought all they had but they didn't have enough. Hopefully they will restock soon. 
Mom's doctor appointment went great. They found the problem with her back, gave her some stretching exercises which will help and told her there was no reason why she wouldn't be able to go to Gulf Shores in September. That was the best news she could have had and good news helps heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment