Thursday, August 27, 2020

Hay Day

At 7:00 am the man I bought square bales from called to report he would be delivering them mid morning. I had only asked for 20 bales but he talked me into taking the entire rack of 82 bales.  I'm just too old to be unloading and stacking 82 bales all by myself so sent out a couple panic texts. One to my sister Beth asking if any of her grand children could help and one to my sister Karin asking if any of the summer riders could help.  On the walk Joan said she would also come help. The hay arrived earlier than expected but Shaeya's mom had just dropped her off so she and I started.  Joan was sent a text and drove her 4 wheeler over to help and then Karin arrived.
 With all that good help we had the job done pretty quickly even though it was VERY hot and humid.
 The hay rack was swept off and all the loose hay was put in a wheelbarrow and taken to the weanlings. They LOVED it.

 Karin took Shaeya home, Joan went back to her house to work and I drove to Meisters to pick up Braelyn, Taegan and Kensley. Anna is taking Amanda's place this week at Meisters as she is with her sister Crystal at Mayo Clinic.  We picked up fried chicken for our lunch then after lunch the girls played inside while I put the bale speer on the skid steer.
 Chuck arrived with the first load of round bales and those were stacked in the barn.
While we were waiting for the next load the girls came with me to help throw down one of the new square bales.

 The bales are huge, tightly baled and very heavy. I just wanted to make sure they really were completely dry inside so decided to open one.
 That bale was cut open,  and the horses all given some. They all liked it.  Taegan found that big moth under the tramp. She stuck it in her hair like a fancy bow and of course I had to take a picture.
 The second load of hay arrived and after that was stacked in the barn we went back to the house to cool off again. These 3 sisters really play well together and have such good imaginations. 
Anna picked them up after she got off work.  We had left over chicken for dinner then Mark went over to work on Joan's beach. I went to mom's house for games. Ruth, Joan and Rhonda also came and played. Aunt Jinnie worked on her needle point.
Diane and Mike were at Middle Grove. We had a fun evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment