Sunday, April 22, 2018

The Price of Beauty

It was VERY hard to wake up this morning. The problem was going to sleep without making sure Star's colt was nursing. From the time I fell asleep I dreamed, actually nightmares about a her colt needing to go to U of I, and trying to get him there. When we finally arrived they started an IV in him and was giving blood through that from Star and I was in charge of making sure both of them were not moving and all along I'm trying to figure out WHY they would do that instead of giving him colostrum.  I was exhausted when I finally got up and realized it was all a dream. The colt was nursing well in real life and is a strong fellow. I made it out to the barn around 8:00 am, snapped this picture,
iodined his cord, put the other two mares out, cleaned stalls, fed, watered and moved a round bale in for Lily, Rosalie and Lola's paddock before coming in to make breakfast.  Mom walked over this morning for a ride to church as I was bleaching my hands just trying to get them to look decent for church. I had already scrubbed them with Dawn dishwashing soap and a scrub brush but the stains just didn't come out. Even full strength bleach isn't working.  By the way,  bleach stings when it enters the cuts and scrapes on the hands.  That is the price I'm paying for beauty and it ISN"T even working. Mark and I drove separate as he was asked to pick up Steve J and I knew I needed to stop at Aldi after church for the vegetables for potluck tonight as I hadn't been able to get to the store yesterday.  We had a really great day in church. On the way to church the verse that kept running through my mind was Psalm 122:2 I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD. 
 David Obergfel had the morning service first reading Psalm 5 then Hebrew 4, reading the entire chapter but reminding us of the two very powerful verses, 12 and 16. At the lunch table I noticed Rachel's hands look the same as mine, stained and all scraped up. Turned out she tried to bleach her's too and it didn't work.
We had a visitor in the afternoon from Taylor, Scott Wegman and it was amazing how both the morning and afternoon matched.  Now for the record Scott was at the jail this morning and had no idea of what David preached.
As soon as the afternoon service was over I had to go in order to get everything done before leaving for potluck. Mares were brought in and fed, Star and her colt turned out into the indoor and will stay there for the night. Then Jury teased and covered by Valiant. She didn't stand as well so may be going out.  Rosalie was also teased and covered by Evan but did not stand well. I'm just not sure if the timing is right for her. She doesn't give good signs.  After coming in and washing up the green beans were started.  Phil and Anna were here fishing with their girls and Hux, Sarah and Nolan arrived with Zion.  They ordered pizza for supper just as Mark and I left for Jim and Jane Rieker's for potluck.  We got off the interstate and was following a Domino pizza delivery car down Knoxville and each time it turned we turned the exact same way even to the very street we were going. When the pizza car got near Jim and Jane's house we both said, "I wonder if we are having pizza tonight?" but no, the pizza car turned into their next door neighbor's house. We had a wonderful time tonight dining with Jim, Jane, Roma, Ethel, Jeanette, George and John. The food was truly delicious but the fellowship even better. Sunday's don't get much better than this!  Mark and I were the first to leave as I still have a few jobs that must be done before heading to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment