Thursday, April 5, 2018

Still NO Baby

Another night getting up every couple of hours to check the monitor and another day of hanging around waiting for Marika to go into labor.
I put off going to Middle Grove to pick up mares until 2:00 pm and then had to leave as rain was due to move in.  The herd was pretty easy to find, just at the top of the hill all spread out grazing under the trees. Soul came up first so she was haltered and tied while I went to find Star.  Star wasn't sure she wanted to come with me but the grain in my pocket convinced her to stand while haltering. Both mares were led down to the trailer with Ripper (Soul's 3 year old gelding ) following. The stock trailer was brought today and both mares just loaded into the side door. When I arrived home, Amy and her grand daughter Livy were here. They had cleaned Marika and Galena's stall, given them hay and played with Galena's colt. Amy sent the picture below.
Livy named him Harry, he is just so hairy.  Amy helped move a new round bale in at the cabin field for the 2 mares and foals there and another round bale in the weanling paddock.  I am now out of square bales so tipped a bale up on it's flat side and removed the net wrap. I'll be filling wheelbarrow loads of this hay for the stalls now.
Mark has been cleaning up from the siding mess outside but the rain is starting to come down a lot harder so he will soon be forced to quit.  I'm on foal watch myself tonight. So far Marika is just standing quietly, no sign of any discomfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment