Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Promise of a Good Night's Sleep

I tried to surprise the walkers with Missy's new filly but they all knew it without me saying anything.  We stopped in and admired both of the new fillies, Foxy's by Valiant and Missy's by Evan.  After the walk I got busy cleaning stalls and teasing mares. Brandee's mare Lilly was teased and covered by Valiant today. She showed good and stood well.  I'm pretty sure Anna, Hadassah and Jury are now out.  I give up on Rosalie and will need to get an ultrasound on her.  Lily and Lola are also not showing and they both should be coming in the end of this week. My next job was to clean up the inside of the van for pictures. This is a G3500 Chevy Express with seating for 12 and has the towing package complete with hitch and wiring. It is a 2014 and has just under 80,000 miles on it. We bought it to pull our camper and it was used last year for just ONE camping trip with the camper. It has not been used enough for us to consider keeping it and the new truck now pulls the camper.






This van is in very good condition and not had a lot of hard use so should be a bargain for someone with a big family. It would also work out well for a school or church and the price is right at only $16,900.00 
As soon as everything was done here I drove to Pekin, IL to Aldi for groceries. Unfortunately I had an early breakfast and no lunch and by 1:00 pm at Aldi I was too hungry to make good choices and ate too much once home. After lunch Claire, Rosalie's filly by Evan was taken out for a few pictures for her owner and the website. Claire is one month old today. She was a little stinker though, not following mom into the stall, instead running back to the paddock to be with her buddy Lola's colt.
I had to take Rosalie back to the paddock to get her to follow us into the field.

 She got a haltering, tying and hoof picking up lesson in the outdoor arena. 

Star and her colt were in the round pen for the day so I snapped a few pictures of him too. It is hard to believe he is just 3 days old.


On Mike's trip to Middle Grove today he took a short video of the horses all enjoying the abundant grass out there.  We were waiting to confirm mares in foal before hauling them out but seeing all the grass out there I'm SO tempted to take them out early and then bring them back for the ultrasounds. I'm so short of paddocks right now. 
Mark drove to church tonight taking me, mom and Diane. Tim Roecker had the message. As soon as we got home from church the stalled horses, 3 mares with the new foals, were fed, watered and their stalls cleaned for the night. It is almost 10:00 pm and I'm really looking forward to going to bed. No monitor on tonight. No mares ready to deliver. I have the promise of at least ONE good night's sleep tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment