Friday, April 3, 2015

Clean-UP

The morning was spent cleaning up the place getting ready for Easter weekend.
Emily used the golf cart to haul all the unusable broken warped boards to the burn pile then started the fire as there was little to no wind. Ebby is always quick to jump on the cart for a ride.
The wood in the picture below reminded me of the cross. As today is Good Friday, the day our Lord was crucified I found it interesting that I had a visual reminder of the day.
 Hard to imagine the horror of that day. I wonder sometimes if I had lived during that time, would I have been like the pharisees? Yelling cruelly crucify him crucify him, or would I have been one of His disciples, grieving to see Him so wrongfully scourged, made fun of, a crown of thorns smashed into His head, beaten, nailed to a cross, then the spear piercing His side and seeing His blood gushing down the cross. We need to remember this day, we need to be reminded of His sacrifice for our salvation. Thank you Jesus!

 The second load of wood was piled on which reminded me of the tearing down and burning of the Jerusalem.
With company coming for Easter weekend I had to hit the grocery stores. The first stop was Sams Club where all the meat for the weekend was purchased along with other goodies and of course dog food. The next stop was Aldi and the last stop was Walmart. I didn't get everything on the list, all the stores were packed and I had already been shopping for 3 hours. Mark was called for the remaining item, fresh garlic, which is needed for a recipe for tomorrow. He was willing to go to Kroger to pick that up. When I got back Emily was working Jurista in the outdoor arena. We are very pleased with this mare, she is picking everything up fast improving each day.
The automatic waterer in Lily and Sangria's paddock broke and water was pouring into their paddock. Emily was able to repair it but will need to order new parts soon.
Prissy was put inside again tonight, we are expecting 24-28 degrees tonight.
We didn't get to church, Mark ended up working late, but we were able to listen on line. Mike Rieker had the service.
This evening I worked on making Nancy's Easter basket. Ben and Taunya are picking her up on their way here tomorrow morning and she will spend the night with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment