Thursday, March 23, 2023

Just Waiting

 Rosalie was waiting at the gate to be let out this morning. Her udder was much bigger but no waxing.

She really does not like to be indoors but we had a lot of rain and it was still coming down by the time we walked. We all used umbrellas today. Once Rosalie was let out she went right down to the pond and took a drink. That kind of worried me thinking she may not have checked out the fresh water in the tank inside. 
The pair of geese were fine with sharing the pond with her. 
As today is laundry day I put on AC Central and listened to Joe Gerber who is from Champaign. He was just put in as Elder there and the first part of that message he told the church of that process but the message after that part was really good. It was on What must I do to be saved. There is a reason for putting the truck on the message and if you listen you will understand why I chose a truck.

If you would like to hear his entire talk just go to AC Central,  click on sermons then type in the filter box Joe Gerber and it will be the first one that comes up. This afternoon I needed to run some errands. Sure glad my car gets 41 miles per gallon. Mark had a very late lunch and a late estimate so I just heated up some soup for my dinner and used the air fryer on some left overs. This evening he walked over to check the progress on the new barn.  I drove up to the old barn to bring Rosalie in for the night. She was laying down under the pavilion in the middle paddock. I was a little worried she might be in labor but she was just taking a nap. When she saw me she stood up, stretched then came walking up.
She was brought inside, led over to the water tank and I let her stand there while I put more water in.  She was given a good grooming which she loves. When I would quit she would follow me around asking for more. I left a LOT of hair on the arena floor. The picture below was taken as I was getting ready to head back down to the house.
She seems a little depressed missing the mares from Middle Grove. I plan on picking up Lily, Rosalie's mother, on Saturday which will help with that. Lily isn't due until April 12th but always delivers early.  Right now we are just waiting on Rosalie to deliver.  




No comments:

Post a Comment