Saturday, March 11, 2023

Exhausting

Another hard night with hip pain but more than likely that came from the unloading of the truck. I needed to get started before 5:00 am as there was much to do before I needed to be at mom's house.  The beds were stripped and sheets washed then dried and beds made, the deserts were in the oven baking by 6:00 am and was done baking by 7;00 am. The pecans needed to be candied and added to the dessert. By 8:00 am I was ready to drive over to mom's.  Her leg was quite swollen today and she didn't have the best night either.  We decided to start her on Lasik at least for today. That started working almost immediately and kept working well most of the day.  We had one scare, her lift chair remote stopped working. I thought it must be unplugged. The plug was fine in the outlet but with my leg and all I couldn't get on my hands and knees to check if it had become unplugged under the chair. I called Joan and declared an emergency. She came right over and found the cord had become loose from the remote. Easy fix, just not one I saw. Rachel was burning the dam this morning. It was a perfect day to do that as rain was moving in tonight.

Joan left and not a minute later Beth and Greg arrived.  It was good to catch up with those snowbirds. Beth said she got a call at 6:30 am that the horses were out and yep, she was the one who needed to put them back in. These are the Goose Ranch horses, not our horses. When Karin arrived I left.  Anna had arrived with the girls and had hooked up the horse trailer to the truck and moved that inside to start taking the rubber mats out. 
I thought they were going to use the lift to haul those heavy rubber mats up but instead they put them on their heads and took 3, 4 or 5 at a time. 
All of these were put up last night.


Joan arrived with Mackenson and Berlica and those 3 also helped with the mats today and got the trailer emptied. Phil and Anna worked on drywall while the mats were being hauled up.  I left for Avanti's to pick up dinner for the workers. By the time the food arrived everyone was in the house ready for supper and everyone was tired!  What a long exhausting day.


No comments:

Post a Comment