Monday, March 27, 2023

Don't Try at Home

Both Mark and I overslept this morning not waking until 6:30 am. The night was interrupted by what sounded like a mouse in the closet but when I looked at the closet I saw a small flashing red light. There is no electricity in or near the closet so I couldn't imagine what could cause that. When I got out of bed I started emptying the closet determined to find what could be flashing and see if I could see any mouse damage.  The mystery of the light was solved. One of the tiny lights that go inside the balloons had rolled into the closet. 

Nor could I find any sign of mouse damage. Mark thinks there might be a critter in the basement. By the time I left to move the mares I only had enough time to just put them out. They were put in the field next to Evan before the walk but the arena was not cleaned up until later this afternoon.
Breakfast was cooked after the walk then I left for the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail. I stopped at Sam's club to get a dessert for Berean but also bought chicken breasts, 4 different colors of peppers, green, red, yellow and orange, a big bag of sweet onions, Those were for Sunday's dinner. Mark should be able to grill chicken parmesan. I also picked up 3 rotisserie chickens, one for Diane, one for Joan and one for our house and a few other needed groceries. From Sam's I drove to the Berean office to drop off the mail, a cherry pie and some cookies. Joan's chicken was dropped  off at mom's for their lunch. Diane's chicken was put in her fridge for their supper before going to our house to unload the groceries. The rotisserie chicken was still warm and juicy so I sliced some off for my lunch before heading out to clean the indoor. Lily was waiting at the gate to be let out into the big field so the gate was opened and both mares walked out to enjoy the spring grass. Lily came out first then Rosalie walks out and goes in front of Lily. Lily gets to go pretty much where ever she wants. She really is the queen of the herd both here and at Middle Grove. She will be 21 years old May 4th and is expecting her 18th foal. In the picture below Lily is left, Rosalie her daughter is in front of her and to the right.  Rosalie is due April 7th and Lily is due April 12th. It would be pretty neat if both mares deliver on the same day.
Check out that baby bump on Lily in the picture below.
Once the outdoor work was finished I went back down to the house, not to work, today I was just plain tired so listened to youtube songs and found a new song by Sounds Like Reign.. 
Such a beautiful song
Amy arrived to show me the finished product. This is her second baby blanket and this one is perfect.
Check out the crochet border. It is made of glittery pink yarn as this blanket is for a baby girl.
We took the car up to check on the mares and they ended up following us down to Valiant's paddock so were put back into the middle paddock for the rest of the day.  On my way back to the house the cat followed me down.
She is feeling lonely and needed attention. I just heated up soup for supper. At 6:30 pm Ruth, Diane and I went over mom's to play Mexican train with Karin. 
At the end of the game I had the highest score. I'll take that as a win, but the real the object of the game is to have the lowest score. 
Now for a little instructions. Do NOT try this at home.  We have had so much rain that the fields and paddocks are muddy and by the time I came in the mud had soaked through my tennis shoes and socks and my feet were filthy. I was glad to get into the shower but a few minutes into the shower dropped the soap. Now hip patients can't bend down very well to wash the feet so I had the great idea, just step on the soap while it was down there, get the sole of my right foot soapy and scrub my left foot with the right foot but each time I stepped on the soap it would squirt out under my foot and slide fast around the shower floor.  That shower floor was so slick by the time I finally got one foot clean that I was very glad for all the grab bars installed. Mark also installed the shower curtain rod into the wall which of which I ended up swinging from like a chimpanzee.  Those grab bars were a life saver, both feet are clean but I won't try that again. It's time to buy that old fashioned soap-on-a-rope.








No comments:

Post a Comment