Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Doctors

I almost decided not to walk this morning but decided I am not yet ready to give that up and walked today with 2 canes. That helped some. It was hard to sleep last night with so much hip pain after the hiking yesterday at Middle Grove and the Aleve is no longer working very well. Enough of the pity party. We still had a good walk with laughter and visiting. Mom was not able to come to Berean today, she had Nancy's meeting which Joan took her to. Aunt Jinnie and I arrived to find the parking lot empty and the building locked up but when we opened the door it was obvious that Skip had arrived and sorted the mail and made the coffee. He showed up a bit later. We had a good crew there. If you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. We stopped at the Hanna City post office to mail the studies going out today along with the Bibles.  After Aunt Jinnie was taken home I drove home and called Midwest Orthopedics to make an appointment with Dr. Mulvey, the surgeon who replaced my right hip. I was a little disappointed that the first available appointment was April 28th. This afternoon was my cardiologist appointment.  They were swamped and had a sign out about not having much help today so had to wait quite a while. This is just what older people do, they make doctor appointments and spend hours sitting in doctor offices. While there I met and had a good visit with the Tremont's elder, James Fehr's sister. I can't remember her name but she is from Fairbury, has 5 children, 4 girls and 1 boy and goes to the Faith church.  When I was finally called and once the nurse left was stuck in the room for another long while. Long enough to read all the posters in the room on heart failure. 
That's enough to scare anyone, good thing I'm not a heart patient. When I finally met Dr. Adler it was obvious he is a smoker and enjoys food.  He also talked fast and ordered lots of tests and insisted on doing an EKG right then and there. He must like me as he told the nurse he must see me again in 5 months. It can't be my looks, must be my money, why I had to pay $35.00 before they would let me leave.  By the time I finally got home it was almost 6:00 pm. Mark had already eaten supper but wanted some asparagus cooked and I just made myself a salad and heated up soup  Gertie arrived as I was eating the soup. She and Dennis were coming to get their taxes done. While Mark worked on those we talked and talked and then talked some more. It was good to catch up. The barn apartment rented for 3 nights in May. They are bringing 6 people and 2 pets AND will be having some of their family in the area come visit. This is their very first time to use airbnb so there were no reviews to check out. Sure hope this one isn't a mistake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment