Thursday, November 9, 2017

Foxy Still Pregnant!

After the walk this morning the laundry was started, the dishwasher filled and started and then it was time to sit down at the computer and check out AC Central. Fred Witzig was the first that came up, he spoke at the ISU Bible study on Thursday so that is who I listened to. He not only had the students break into laughter, he had me laughing to at the beginning of his talk. Most of the message was on Paul and it was very interesting. Evidently Fred likes history.
I kept the fire going as long as I was home to keep the house comfortable. We just filled our propane last week. It had been a year and a half since we had it filled last and we had only used  231 gallons. The wood burners sure make living here reasonable. At 1:15 pm I went out to load Foxy and start hauling her to Hoerr Vet clinic.
She loaded perfectly and stood quietly. When we arrived, she even walked right into the stocks but when Dr. Hoerr started sticking his hand where no hand should go she thought about trying to jump out of the stocks. She settled down quickly and Dr. Hoerr discovered immediately why Foxy would not stand for Valiant and why Valiant was sure she was not in. She is still pregnant! The ultrasound machine showed the back bone, the foals ribs, the organs and the foal also kept moving around so we got to see lots of  parts I've never seen before. Below is the backbone and ribs.
After Dr. Hoerr finished, Foxy was loaded back up and taken straight to Middle Grove. That was 25 miles going East to Hoerr Vet clinic, 50 miles going West to Middle Grove and another 25 miles going East back to the Hanna City farm. The worst thing that happened was when I got back in the truck to start hauling to Middle Grove I looked at the time on the truck and was shocked at how late it was. By the time I had dropped off Foxy at Middle Grove and finally reached Hanna City the clock on the truck was reading 5:11pm. Mark was already home so I was sure supper was going to be late. That was until I looked at my phone and discovered it was only 4:11 pm. The truck clock hasn't been changed yet. That's twice so far I've been fooled by this time change. 
The truck is having a few old age problems. It just doesn't have the power it use to have and the engine sounds like it is missing every once in a while. We made arrangements to take it in to Zane's in Hanna City on Monday. Hope this can be fixed. That truck has been and still is the work horse around here and is very much needed. Spark has orders to look for a new truck at the auction but Wednesday there was only 1 truck big enough, it was a 2015 in excellent shape and it just went too high. Evidently it wasn't supposed to be my truck. I'm sure mine will show up soon, I like them with a ding in them, that drops the price enough to be able to afford a newer model. 

No comments:

Post a Comment