Friday, November 10, 2017

A Future

I had a revelation as we were walking this morning. I have a future. Before the surgery I was spending time getting my affairs in order and preparing for dying. Today I found myself making plans for next year and realized, wow I have a future. What a gift.
It was so cold this morning all the automatic waterers froze. They had all been unplugged and with everything that had been going on I forgot about plugging them in. Mike came over this morning and plugged them in. By 10:00 am they were all melted and working.
This afternoon the Horsemeister bank statement came in so I ran to Diane's office to balance the checkbook. It only took an hour and 15 minutes before I was on the way home with everything done.
Ben is in town, State Farm flew him back to Bloomington to work on something so tonight all of us who could, met at Olive Garden for dinner. Phil and Anna are in Washington DC so they couldn't make it. Stephanie has 2 sick kids at home but David came along with Rhoda & Lee and Sarah & Nolan. Ron Rumbold also came along. We enjoyed the meal and after the meal went to Sarah & Nolan's for dessert and coffee.
Karin and I will be leaving pretty early in the morning to head to Middle Grove to pick up Sally and Eli. We need to be back in time to hook up the big truck to the big trailer as there is a group taking out 6 or 7 horses to Jubilee state park at 10:00 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment