Monday, November 13, 2017

Easter Lilly

We had a nice walk this morning, it wasn't so terribly cold and best of all not raining.  Rhoda comes around 10:00 am and Mark took my car in to work this morning so instead of cleaning or doing laundry I clicked on AC Central and saw that Doyle Frauhiger was in Goodfield Sunday morning and had the sermon. After listening to his message I called mom and said she should listen too.
When Rhoda arrived we went right to work hooking up the stock trailer to the 2011 truck and loading Galena, Anna, Rosaleigh and Easter Bonnet then hauling them to Middle Grove. We had to lead the horses in but it wasn't terrible, at least we weren't picking anyone up. As soon as we got back I took the truck to Meister's and drove my car home. Rhoda worked on tack, weeding out the tack we are not using, taking pictures of it and posting it for sale. I'm amazed at how she sells. When I got back from Meisters the sun was out and the horses were all laying down enjoying the sunshine. Below is Sangria, her filly was determined to nurse even though Sangria was making it very complicated.


 She finally went to the front end and demanded her mom get up. 
 Sangria grudgingly surrendered. 
Easter Lilly was the mare I wanted worked today. We have someone coming to try her out so I wanted to get updated pictures and a video of her. She is impressive.


 She was doing so well I was wishing I'd brought up the video camera but my camera has a video option so just decided to use that. It is not as good but sufficient. 

Next Sally and Eli were taken out and de-wormed, Sally with a tube of Quest Plus and Eli with half a tube. He is old enough and they came back from Middle Grove with a few bot eggs on their legs. The last horse Rhoda wanted to work with was Roxanne. She decided to ride Indy while ponying Roxanne on the trails.

When Mark got home from work this evening he needed a little help on the back door of the garage. I was thankful when Karin arrived since it took muscle power. I 
I made honey mustard pork tenderloin for dinner feeding Karin and Mark and the rest will go for the Berean meal tomorrow. It won't look as pretty as I cut it into bite sized pieces but hopefully will taste as good as it tasted tonight. This was one of those gourmet recipes from Home Chef. 
This evening Joan and I went over to visit with mom. We had a nice evening. Thankful for family and really really thankful that Rhoda is working here. She now has Rosaleigh, Wicktoria, Titiana  going well under saddle and will get Roxanne riding soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment