Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Where Do I Start?

After work today I called the vet clinic to see if they were running on time. The receptionist said yes they were so I ran home just long enough to let Darcy out and bring her back in then headed to the Hanna City farm. I brought Autumn and Paris over from the cabin field, Autumn for her coggins and Paris for her teeth floating, then I started bringing in the mares that were to be sonagramed and Sophie, Knight, and Anni for their coggins. Then I waited. Dr. Hoerr called about 2:30 and he had an emergency but he thought he would be at my place within an hour. I got busy cleaning up the place and spent some time grooming the horses while I was waiting. Steven arrived to help around 3:00 and we finished cleaning the stalls, then played with all of the foals. It is very good for them to be handled.
Once Dr. Hoerr and Dr. Pallen arrived things started hopping. Dr. Pallen started floating Raven's teeth while Dr. Hoerr started on the ultra sounds. First up was Salena and she was in foal, then came Anni and she was in foal but she also needed a coggins drawn. Next he did one of the outside mares, Grace the Andalusian, and she was in foal. I called her owner's phone number but just got the answering machine so I left a message with the good news. Last was Circle Double D's mare, she had a clear CL which meant she probably ovulated on Sunday and she wasn't brought over until Monday, no wonder she wouldn't accept Raven. Dr. Hoerr gave me a shot to give her on Saturday to short cycle her and then she should be in 3 to 5 days after the shot. Dr. Pallen got Raven's teeth done and started on Paris' teeth. She has some periodontal disease so needed more work then Raven. While she was working on Paris, Dr. Hoerr pulled Knight, Sophie and Autumn's coggins. Finally Dr. Hoerr gave Big Sally foal his foal shot. I needed to leave, it was 6:30 pm and I had been there since 1:30 so Steven and Mike stayed to put horses away. I'm very thankful for all the help I had today.

No comments:

Post a Comment