Friday, May 15, 2009

Rain AGAIN!

We woke up to rain and it is now 11:33 am and has been pouring ALL morning. I got to the farm early to bring the mares and their foals in. I left them out last night, it was such a beautiful day and evening. By the time I got to the farm the foals were shivering. It is suppose to continue raining until tomorrow morning. I am so thankful for my new barn. Ralph helped me divide Big Sally's foaling stall so I could put all 4 mares in. Lily (the princess) is in the big stall. By the time I left all were munching away at their hay contentedly. I'll have to go back this evening but what a blessing it is to have my own barn with my own stalls. At Bridlewood, I had only one big stall for foaling and one small stall, then 2 run in shelters. The rest of Bridlewood is a boarding barn so of course customers get the best while I would make do. I feel like my horses are now in the Ritz! A lady that came out to look at Salena wanted to know if we would board her there if she bought her. I said absolutely NOT. I really want that barn to stay private, just for us, does that sound selfish? Mark is getting the Horsemeister office sign done. He showed me what it is going to look like and 2 places we could have it installed. I decided I did not want it over the door but to the right of the door. It is much bigger than I really wanted but I didn't tell him that, I don't want to discourage him. I am so thankful we got Lady covered yesterday, I would have hated to be standing out in this rain, making Raven and Lady be out in it also. I probably should have a breeding stand put up in the indoor arena but so far we have easily been able to work around the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment