Friday, May 22, 2009

Sangria's New Colt


Sangria had a well filled out, tall, black colt this morning and ALL is WELL! She delivered by herself, had no problems foaling, the colt was up and nursing well within a couple of hours and the placenta was delivered complete. I am so THANKFUL, I repeat sooooo THANKFUL!!! Now for the colt. He is black, has a few white hairs on his forhead, a very tiny star, and He has curly FEATHERS on all 4 feet. I have got to get pictures of this, he will be one hairy Friesian Andalusian stallion. As tempted as I am to keep him because of selling Athena, I know I will place him for sale at weaning. I'm not prepared to keep another stallion and he is way to high of quality to geld. Rejoice with me!
Jazz was covered today and Big Sally is now in her foal heat. I forgot to check Velvet, it has been 3 days since she was covered and with all the other mares, she gets left out. I've asked Steven to tease her to see if she is still in. She was and Raven got her covered also. His stamina continues to amaze us.
I've posted a picture of Sangria's newborn colt taken right after birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment