Thursday, May 21, 2009

Anni & Knight


I took a quick trip out to the farm this morning, checked Sangria, fed Raven and Jazz, loaded up Anni and Knight and headed to Forrest, IL. It took me 2 hours from the farm to Emily's house because of road construction, usually it would only take about a hour and a half. Emily was happy to see them both and had 2 HUGE stalls prepared for them. Emily had Big Sally trained well and we look forward to seeing what she can accomplish with Anni. Anni is confirmed in foal to Raven and once she is trained to ride she will be for sale, although riding horses are getting short around here and Anni has a wonderful disposition so Mike may choose to keep her. I offered Emily's family Knight for another year as Joan and Tim's tour of duty in Haiti won't end before that. Emily was excited to have him and may keep him that long. I left the truck and trailer at my house as I'm going to an auction tonight and you just never know... I think if I came back with another horse, it would need to be VERY special. Here we are trying to cut our numbers but how can I resist at least looking. We are having another beautiful bright sunny day, perfect hay drying weather. By tomorrow the hay should be dry enough to be baled. I don't know if our farmer will get to it, we may have to wait another day as he is taking care of lots of fields, not just ours. After lunch I started working on my paddock here at Bridlewood. I gave up on Mark bringing the skid steer here and it would cost me $200.00 to bring it so off to shoveling by hand. I worked on that for an hour then came in to take a break and cool off. We'll see if I have the energy to go back out. This is what I call HARD LABOR! At least I can ALWAYS see my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment