Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lily and Ciera

Dr. Schaffer called me this morning a little after 9:00 for an update and Lily came through the surgery great and had a good night. She is hungry and they are letting her have her hay through the bars of the stalls so she can't eat too fast or too much. She is letting Ciera nurse fine. They told me last night I could probably plan on taking her home next weekend but I'm so encouraged that I think Lily and Ciera will be home sooner than expected.
Today in church I was reminded to give thanks to the Lord in all things. I must confess, I didn't feel like thanking God for this. I was reminded that Lily is HIS and I am only to do the best I can taking care of HIS horses. So thinking of things I was thankful for in all of this: I am truly thankful I was there early Saturday morning and was able to keep Lily comfortable enough until the real help arrived. I am thankful Dr. Pallen came right away and told me not to wait, take her before she would become dehydrated and in so much pain that her heart rate would be unstable. I'm thankful for UofI that competent doctors and surgeons could diagnose and fix the intestine. I'm thankful that Ciera is as old as she is. I'm thankful that my mom offered to lend me the money, INTEREST FREE, to pay for this bill. I'm thankful that Lily has a deluxe stall to come home to. I think I could go on and on.
I am reminded that all in this life will come to nothing, all we possess, all we own will be someone else's once we are gone it is only what we do for GOD that is of value. So YES, I am THANKFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment