Wednesday, May 13, 2009


Sangria and Big Sally were left in the stalls overnight because of the predicted rain and rain it did. We are having torrential downpours and Peoria is again under a flood watch. I drove out to the farm, fed and watered Sangria and Big Sally and played with her colt. The colt was pretending to be a bucking bronco in the stall. I decided to keep them in because of the rain. The poor farmers cannot get into the fields to plant. Our hay is so tall if it isn't cut soon it will probably lay over. What a growing spring this has been for hay and grass. The yards look like they should be baled. The good thing about this is maybe hay will be less expensive, if farmers can just get it up dry. Hope we have a good sunny dry spell for a week.
Sangria was tested this morning and she is just not progressing in her milk production. Dr. Hoerr looked at her yesterday and feels all is still well. I guess I'm just a worry wort when it comes to Sangria. She is the mare that I ride on the trails. She has a very comfortable trot and her canter is like flying.
After cleaning their stalls I headed over to feed Raven, Jazz, and Grace the Andalusian. Grace is getting picked up on Saturday, good thing, I'm almost out of her grain even mixed with ours.
I left then because I'll head back around 2:00pm to water the arena for the vaulters. Hopefully I'll be able to have Raven cover Lady. She was starting to come in season last night but wasn't yet in a standing heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment