Friday, May 8, 2009

Friesian Registrations

After we were done performing at the Midwest Horse Fair I stayed in the arena and watched the Friesian Heritage Horse International (FHHI) perform. I was contacted last year about changing from the Friesian Sport Horse Registry (FSHR) to FHHI and decided it was confusing for my customers and that I would not pursue changing. The cost of re-registering all my Friesians just didn't make sense. After watching the FHHI I was most impressed with the quality of Friesians they had in this registry. The purebred Friesians that were performing were much BETTER quality than even of the FHANA Friesians that also put on a performance. My goal was always to produce FHANA quality or better with the purebred Friesian mares bred to Raven and the best quality possible with mares of other breeds. I've been happy with FSHR and I know they have done a good job with this registry but I've decided to make this large investment and register RAVEN with FHHI also and give my customers a choice as to which registry they would prefer. I want RAVEN'S offspring to at least have the choice especially when it comes to the inspections. FHHI offers inspections each year and FSHR does not. FSHR is very simple, you pay the $40.00, send in the correct paper work and you get a very nice laminated certificate back. FHHI is more confusing, you must also DNA the horse if you will be registering any of that horse's offspring and even if you are not you must still send in a hair sample with EVERY horse to be registered just in case there is a problem later. I don't know how my customers are going to feel about the extra work, so I will give them a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment