Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday May 31st, 2009


I lost my phone yesterday so had to use our home phone to call mom and ask if she would send one of the Reinhard girls over to feed Lily breakfast. I told her I would pay $3.00 to who ever wanted to feed and water her and Sarah Reinhard said she would. We didn't leave for the farm until after church around 2:30. I found my phone at Diane's house, I remembered that I had gone in to wash my hands, put my phone down and then went to the playground for the graduation party. Diane and Mike spent the night at Middle Grove so of course they didn't know it was in their house. Mark took the power washer and battery charger so while he worked on charging the battery and cleaning up the dump trailer, I fed, watered and cleaned Lily's stall. I saw that one of her staples fell out so I asked Mark to help hold Lily while I bandaged her. She stood very well for the bandage so I don't think it hurts her but it sure looks bad. While Mark was working on cleaning up the tracks of the skid steer, I fed Raven, then started picking grass for Lily. She was so excited to have green grass, I spent longer than I should have feeding her. I handled all three foals and Sangria's colt is taller than Big Sally's colt even though Big Sally's colt is 11 days older than Sangria's colt. Both boys were good for me to pick up all 4 feet, rub their ears, bellies, and legs. They both still need to be named. Sangria's colt has long feathers on all 4 legs but on the back legs the feathers are especially thick and curly. He has great conformation, tall, short backed and long necked but if you like stocky, then Big Sally's would be the colt for you. He also has great conformation, hey what can I say, he is a Raven son, but he is more stocky. I need to get video's of these boys playing together, so cute! Lily's filly, Ciera, is just plain FABULOUS! I really can't fault her conformation. I wish I could let her out to run and get some new pictures but I don't want to stress out Lily. Ciera looks forward to anyone coming in and playing with her. I told Diane to leave the truck hooked up to the trailer and I will bring Jenis and Ylse to Bridlewood tomorrow. I have 9 big round bales of good quality hay that should be used up and I don't want to pay to have them hauled to the farm. It's about time I had horses here again. I posted a picture Diane emailed me. This is her grand daughter Willow with Raven. Raven saw her coming and put his head down for some loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment