Monday, May 18, 2009

House Cleaning

Today I am finally getting busy and house cleaning. I started with the attic and oh my were there ever lots of crunchy insect skeletons. Mostly lady bugs but a few wasps thrown in. That really grosses me out if I step on them. Probably because I'm not wearing shoes, ugh.
I cleaned out Sarah's attic room as she is now moved to the second floor. She didn't want to go through the clothes, she said just throw them all away. There wasn't much left up there but still a bag full. I know they are from a couple of years ago but still it seems a shame, I'll probably have Mark take them down to the South Side Mission.
I finished the Kitchen and playroom and by the time I got to the second floor, I'm running out of steam and decided to come sit and check my email. I have almost finished the laundry and laundry room but am waiting for the machines so get to quit.
After working on the house for 3 hours I needed a break and drove out to the farm. Steven called me yesterday to tell me Velvet is in season so Mike got her covered last night. I checked Lady and she is still in so I got her covered but I think she may be going out, she didn't stand as well as she had been. Raven was taken over to tease Jazz. Jazz is starting to show but for sure not in standing heat. I'll drive out early to help Mike with her tomorrow morning. I think Raven will get double work tomorrow, Jazz in the morning and Velvet at night. We are only going to try breeding Velvet on this season. If she doesn't settle we will get rid of her. She raised a beautiful colt last year and we just never got around to getting her bred back. That comes from too many horses and too little time.
Steven Marchal drove out to the farm and checked Big Sally for me to see if she is in her foal heat. She is not, then he worked Clara. He emailed me when he was home from the farm and I posted what he wrote about Clara on her page. I'm thrilled at how her training is coming along. Good Job Steven!

No comments:

Post a Comment