Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sanna & Anni


I did it, got the 2 fillies to the farm and Sanna & Anni to Bridlewood. I had to have Mike pull me out at the farm, made it half way up the farm drive, unloaded the fillies, Ciera and Chloe, walked them over to the cabin field, loaded up Sanna and hooked up to Mike's truck to have him pull my truck and trailer around the drive until I was facing down hill. Anni was then loaded and both mares were taken to Bridlewood where I get stuck in my driveway. They were then unloaded and both mares were given a pneumabort shot. Sanna a little early for her 5 month and Anni a little late for her 7th month but I didn't want them taken to a new place without it. Once the mares were out of the trailer and into the paddock I worked on getting my truck unstuck and actually with Mark's help did it and got it backed into place.
Classy was so glad to see the mares, he was feeling a little lonely since the girls left. Now I know he is not yet mature, he was baby talking to both mares. Anni is here for a prepurchase exam and if she is pregnant she is sold (we know she is but the new owners want Dr. Monfort to confirm it)
Sanna is here to wean her filly before she leaves for her new home on Saturday.
Below is Monica Fritzenmeier having fun on Sanna, we will sure all miss her, hopefully her new owner will email lots of pictures of her and her new foal due July 2010.

It is almost 5:00pm and I need to start dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment