Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jury DRUDGE

So I find a parking place in the associated Bank deck, walk over to the court house and immediately blow it. Trying to get through the screening process to get into the court house, the lady in front of me put her coat on the conveyor and it didn't move, I leaned forward to push her coat along so my stuff could get scanned and bumped the frame of the walk through screener for people. Alarms went off, the police lady starts telling me to back away, the police man is stating VERY loudly everyone back up, just back up. They finally got it working again and let me go through after resetting everything. OK, I'm a country hick and haven't visited the court house enough to know screen etiquette.
Once in room 204 there were almost no seats left, because I was a little late from setting off all the alarms but I did find a place in the very front row squished between to big men. I started shucking clothing quickly as claustrophobia starting setting in. Once my coat and sweat shirt was removed and stuffed under the chair I could breath better. I know my eyes were a little wild for a moment as the man on the right side took one look and moved. At that point I was able to get an aisle seat, way better. Then we sat and sat and sat. Just before lunch we were dismissed with instructions to come back tomorrow morning. I think I'll try to come in a different door so I don't have to face the same guards.
I stopped at home to get something to eat, I actually had forgotten to eat breakfast and was getting pretty hungry but didn't dare get up in case someone grabbed the aisle seat. Then it was down to work to process all the Bible studies. Just around 5:00pm the last one was finished so Mark and I drove to Eva Jeans to deliver them and try to fix the risograph machine. Couldn't get it fixed so Eva Jean will need to call the repair man.
I'd heard of a store up near Eva Jean's house that sold pasteurized but NOT homogenized milk. I bought one gallon of whole milk, will let the cream rise to the top, skim the cream off for my coffee and enjoy the milk. The rich jersey cream was the one thing I missed when we sold off our cows. I don't miss the twice a day milking but the fresh milk and thick cream was hard to give up. I have 2 gallon size wide lid jars that the milk will be poured into for easy skimming.
The coffee with fresh cream tomorrow morning will be such a special treat.

1 comment:

  1. yum cream...
    lol with the jury duty.. somehow I can picture it!

    ReplyDelete