Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ribbon?

Karin called just as I finished at work and asked if I'd looked at Ribbon yet. That was next on the list so instead of unloading my car it was off to the farm. It is just so hard to tell with Ribbon, her udder looked not quite as flat as a maiden mare and her right side is definitely sticking out more than her left side but her rear end is so huge and she is such a big bodied mare, I just can't tell. If she hasn't had the foal by Monday we will probably spend the money to find out if she is open.
Valiant and Evan are getting along swell. After hanging 2 buckets up and putting in grain in both buckets they were still wanting to just share one. Mike is taking care of the horses at the cabin but I really wanted to see Wynne again and check how things are looking over there. As soon as the horses saw me they left the round bale and came strait to the cabin, of course they needed a treat so into each bucket at the cabin was also dumped a little grain. It is so funny to watch Ciera boss Wynne around, she really is her mother's daughter. Lily was top horse and now Ciera, not even a year old is top horse in the cabin field. Of the fillies, Wanda and Ciera look great, Chloe is still shy and wouldn't let me check her over, Paris is huge and looks like she is carrying twins.

2 comments:

  1. Those 2 boys are pretty cute together, i've been tempted to bring mine over to see what his reaction would be to them. I think they'd look like triplets! It's just soooo cold. I couldn't remember when they were born, they look a little taller to me but it's hard to tell w/out seeing them together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel, You are welcome to put him in with them for weaning. BTW someone emailed on Shadow today and I gave them your phone number and email address

    ReplyDelete