Friday, January 8, 2010

Classy


The lady buying Classy emailed last night to see if he has dropped and can now be gelded. She would love to have him gelded before he gets delivered the end of this month. So this morning I take the foals their grain, crawl under the fence as the gate has a snow drift in front and behind and won't open, stick my hand under to check him and BOY did he jump and run away fast. I guess I should have warmed up my hands first. I can't see anything and the only chance I had to feel anything went by way to quick so either it is so cold that he sucked them back into his body or he is not yet mature. I really think he is not yet mature, he does not act like a stallion, just one of the typical sweet foals Raven throws.
Is everybody getting sick of this global warming yet? This is the longest cold snap in decades, it has been below freezing for weeks and the snow just keeps piling up not ever getting a chance to melt. My girls are expected home today, hope the roads are clear coming from Colorado.
I finally broke down and made an appointment to get the 4 Wheel drive fixed in my truck. They couldn't get it in until Thursday. Sure hope it is an easy fix, the truck is needed by that weekend to haul Sanna to her new home. If it doesn't get fixed, plan B is to use the old Meister Brother truck which does have 4wheel drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment