Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Working WIth Weanlings.

 As soon as it was light enough to see the weanlings were checked on. Thankfully they all still had their halters on except Rosaleigh's colt who lost his the first day and all were fine. This had to be the easiest weaning yet. I still need to get them to start eating grain. Irish's colt is the only one that is interested so far. I have to remove Dancer when feeding them as she will eat everything. I took the picture and video below just as the sun was up before our walk. 


On our walk we had to stop and marvel at Rachel's grass and her landscaping.
Right after the walk I left for East Peoria Tire to get all new tires on the 2007 Prius. All 4 tires were bald and we are taking this car to Gulf Shores. They took my car right in. A bit later Nolan walked in, he needed a tire fixed on his Meister truck.
When they pulled my car out finished they just drove Nolan's right into the same spot.
I'm thankful to have the new tires on the car. 
From there I drove straight to Sam's club to pick up the 6 pillows needed for the barn this Saturday along with a few groceries. We need to pick up 6 cases of water for Sunday and 2 Folgers coffee one for here and one for mom's house but Mark is going to come with me for that. As soon as I got home I went up to the barn to work with the weanlings but just as I walked into their paddock it started sprinkling and then raining so didn't stay out long. I took a few pictures for their owners.  Left to right is Jewel's colt, Tatiana's filly, Lily's filly and Irisn's colt.
Lily's filly is standing next to Madiera's colt. Both of these are foals are going to the same owner.
Below is Lily's filly.
Jewel's colt is the full brother of Dancer. Irish's colt is going to the same owner as Irish's colt last year.
Tatiana's filly and Rosaleigh's colt are also going to one owner. 
If you would like to see the rest of the pictures click HERE.
I didn't want the camera to get wet so went back to the house. Hoerr Vet clinic was called to make an appointment to have all of their blood drawn for their coggins test. That is next Tuesday afternoon. The missing part came for the cupboard up in the game room. I took the pillows and part there to put the cupboard together and realized I was missing 3 more parts to that second cupboard. Bummer back to the house and ordered the missing parts. Hopefully they will be here before Saturday as the barn is rented that day but if not I'll just need to ask them not to touch the partially put together piece. This evening instead of church we went to the fellowship hall to hear Maddie speak of India. When we arrived our nameless IT guy was busy up on the ladder getting the projector up and running.
Evidently it wasn't working on AC Central as mom called during Maddie's presentation. 

After it was over I called mom back as I couldn't answer during the presentation. She just wanted to know why she couldn't watch.  We took Mackenson and Berlica home. Sure are doing a lot of praying for Israel. Oh how our hearts hurt for her.











No comments:

Post a Comment