Monday, October 2, 2023

Normal?

 During the night the last limb of the big old Maple tree fell. As soon as it was light enough to see we went out to check the damage. 


Mark stood underneath it to show the hugeness of this limb.
On the walk Diane told us about her airbnb guest yesterday and how much they loved feeding and petting the horses.



When we reached our drive Ruth, Joan and Diane also stood under the limb.
When we reached the cabin Diane gave Ruth the birthday balloon left at the cabin yesterday. She took it home for Fedi.
Speaking of birthdays Zion is 6 years old today.
I will never forget the day she was born. Sarah was in the hospital in Peoria giving birth, Mom was in the hospital in Mobile, AL with a torn retina and I was in the hospital in Rochester, MN (Mayo Clinic) getting ready for open heart surgery to get the aorta repaired.
After the walk I needed to move a bale in for Valiant.  Valiant was taken to the outdoor arena.
The Walker mares were up at the fence watching as I took him out.
The bale was moved while he was enjoying his grazing time. 
Mark worked on cutting up the tree for a while but then quit to pick up Mackenson to work on putting the tables away in the barn. I put together one of the two cabinets I bought for the game room in the barn. 
I'm hoping these will hold the bedding for the 6 twin beds up in the game room. At 3:45 pm I left for Flanagan, IL to pick up canoe paddles. Nine of them for $15.00, they are used and worn but for that price I was willing to drive the hour and 15 minutes there and another hour and 15 minutes home. By 6:00 pm I was getting hungry so sent a text that I would stop at Taco John's and pick up two taco salads for our supper. I got in line at the drive through and waited about 10 minutes, finally got up to where I could order and see the note:  our card readers are down we can only take cash.  I didn't have any cash so got out of line and started home. By this time it was almost 6:30pm. I had to drive right by Kentucky Fried chicken so stopped there. There was no line in the drive through. I ordered the crispy chicken and they told me it would be a wait so I said, never mind I'll take original as supposedly they had plenty of that.  The lady at the window told me to drive around to the front door. I was confused and asked, "why there is no one behind me." She just replied, we are short of helpers and you need to drive to the front. There were cars at that door but I found a place to park and waited about 5 minutes when she came out with two bags. She handed me a bag then walked away. It didn't look like chicken so I opened it and it was a pot pie. About that time the guy waiting in the car next to me was given a bag and he was arguing with her that he ordered a pot pie. She apologized, came and got the pot pie out of my car handed me another bag but this time I knew it wasn't chicken. Immediately I told her that this wasn't mine either. She grabbed the bag and found the right car then walk back inside and didn't come back out. After 8 or 9 minutes I walked inside and asked, "did I get forgotten?" There were 3 workers and none of them were happy. By the time I was given the chicken it was all dried out but I couldn't ask for fresh unless I was willing to wait even longer. I took the dried out chicken and walked out and plan on never walking in there again. By the time I got home it was after 7:00 pm. I was pleased with the purchase of the canoe paddles but should have just come home and had leftovers for supper. Live and Learn. Will America ever return to normal? 

















No comments:

Post a Comment