Thursday, October 12, 2023

Owners

Coffee was most welcomed this morning. Before the walk I went up to grain the weanlings and spent so much time making sure Dancer didn't get it all that I was late. I ended up taking Dancer out of the paddock and gave her a bucket on the outside of the fence. 
That didn't work very well, Jewel's colt tried to climb through the fence to get to her.
After the walk I went back to work with them as today I was just horsenaround all day. Below is Jewel's colt, Tatiana's filly and Rosaleigh's colt.
Tatiana's filly did not want me to work with her so she got tied.
She didn't fuss too much but more than likely because the others didn't leave her.
The other foal that didn't want me to touch him was Jewel's colt. 
That meant he was needing extra attention. He was taken to the round pen and man did he ever show off. This colt has amazing movement. Check out the video.
I also took a few pictures for his owner and the website.
After the video he was taken to a stall and tied. Dancer was put in the stall opposite so he could see her and realize he wasn't alone but he still threw a fit.
I couldn't leave the stall for a while as he kept throwing himself back then leaping forward. It was like he didn't remember being tied at all as a foal but he probably wasn't as I couldn't walk back then with that bad hip. He got lots of attention when he would stand quietly.  He was left in the stall while Lily's filly was taken out to the round pen for some pictures for the website.

She did very well and when she was taken into the stall and tied she obviously remembered. She didn't fight it at all.

She was taken out of the stall and led out to the other weanlings who were busy chomping down their grain while Dancer was in the barn eating hers.  When I put her in with them she went right to a bucket and helped herself.
Dancer and Jewel's colt were taken out after the weanlings lost interest in the grain and walked over to the hay bale. A good morning's work. Mark was busy greasing the axels of all of the campers and came in still needing to get one done but had to go to Skylines for a meeting.  My next job was to mop the floor of the game room then kill flies in the gym. One of the garage doors was left open on Sunday and the flies were coming in out of the cold. I have a family coming in on Saturday for a funeral and don't want any flies inside.  The bathrooms were given a quick once over and a few dishes put away but the living area didn't need much work. I made chicken salad for supper and served that with loaded potato soup. After supper worked on adding pictures to the website and contacting owners. I've heard from all except Jewel's colt's owner. He was sent a text and an email so I hope to hear from him soon. I haven't received any of the registration papers for the foals yet. I sent a message to the lady that usually handles those but haven't heard back yet. It is so much easier if the papers come before the foals leave for their new homes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment