Thursday, October 19, 2023

Half Way

 I was up early and started the oven. It was raining so I assumed no walk. At 7:30 I had 2 batches of cookies almost ready to come out of the oven when Diane and Ruth popped in asking if I was ok. They tried texting and calling but I had forgotten to take my phone off silent from church last night.  I finished the cookies then joined them on the walk. After the walk I put together the casserole dish for Friday night and took that over to the barn along with the cookies, candy and chips for the hot dish.


By the time everything was done it was almost 11:00 am which was the time we planned on leaving. BUT.. Mark's phone disappeared and we spent some time searching for that. Well we finally figured out it must have dropped out of his pocket when he threw the garbage away over by the dumspster.
We left at 11:30 am. The drive was going well but at 3:30 pm we started hearing noise and realized the zip ties had broken that we used to hold up bottom splash guard. Within minutes it was hitting the tires. I dropped the speed down to 60 and limped along until we came to an exit. This exit had a big gas station so we were hopeful to find more zip ties but that didn't happen. They had some rope for sale.Mark took his tools out and for the first time I was really glad he packed tools. He ended up cutting most of it off from the front and tying up the sides.
Below is a short video of his work.
Because of that delay we didn't reach our airbnb until almost 8:00 pm.
It is a very nice airbnb, the first thing I noticed was the piano.
Of course I had to try it out. There wasn't any hymn books that I could find but I still remembered some. The kitchen is nicely stocked.
The bathroom is all wheel chair accessible with a huge walk in shower and a tall toilet.
The bedroom held a queen size bed with a memory foam topper making it comfortable and we were quick to crash into that for the night.
The best part is we are now half way to Gulf Shores, tomorrow should be an easy trip.











No comments:

Post a Comment