Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Vet Visit for Coggins

 We had a beautiful sunny cold morning. The birds were noisly and mist coming off the lake this morning was quite thick.

I  left right after the walk to go to the Berean office. Marvin gave us a lot of history about Israel. If you would like to read about that click HERE. After Berean Mike helped move all 6 weanlings into the stall barn then spent at least an hour working with each one. He spent the most time with Jasper, the bay, as Jasper wasn't handled as much before he and his mom were taken to Middle Grove.


By the time Mike was done with him he was much quieter and accepting.
He went next into the other stall to work with the other 3. 

He finished up with going back to Jasper. That is Madiera's colt watching.
Dr. Pallen didn't arrive until around 4:00 pm but I was really thrilled with how well each foal did for their blood draw and pictures.


Below is a video of Mike working with the foals then Dr. Pallen drawing blood from them.
The stalls were cleaned then Mark and I worked on winterizing the Jayco 5th wheel. While I was gone today Mark got 3 of the campers winterized. The 5th wheel we didn't quite finish. We are having trouble finding the low point plug to empty the fresh water tank. I know I did it last winter but this winter cannot crawl under it and don't remember where it is located. Mark crawled under but didn't see where to empty it. I'll try tomorrow. We just had beef vegetable soup for supper along with fresh raw veggies and home made dip.  One more picture needed to be posted, I didn't take it and just found it on Facebook but it looks just like my youngest grandchild holding one of Honey's Cavapoo puppies.
Mark has already gone to bed and I'll be following soon. It was such a nice warm October day that he is tired from working outside all day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment