Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Wonderful UPdates

 In the last 2 days 2 amazing updates were sent. The first one came on Monday and was of Missy's one and only foal named Amelia. The back story is Missy was and is our ugliest mare, she is a blue roan Tennessee Walker and always loved the babies. She would hang around the mares with foals and stay with the foals. We finally decided one year, "ok we will let Missy have her own foal and bred her to Evan.  The filly was gorgeous but Missy didn't like that thing that came out of her and caused her pain.  We had to force Missy to accept her but once the filly started nursing Missy claimed her and was happy.  Well the lady that bought and named the filly Amelia sent some beautiful pictures and wrote: Greetings!   It has been too long since I’ve reached out to you, but I wanted to send an update about Amelia (by Missy).   She is definitely my equine soulmate.   She is virtually fearless, and where I lack confidence, she pushes until it comes out-yet at the same time, if she spooks at something, she trusts my leadership without question.   Curious, very intelligent, loves water, loves other horses, loves people, the list of wonderful qualities goes on. I know you’re busy so I will keep this short, but here are some recent photos of her now that she’s all grown up. 



I will forever be grateful to you for your kindness, generosity, and amazing animals that you bring into this world.   Thank you!
What a wonderful update and I am thrilled to see how beautiful Amelia is. She surely inherited her sire's hair!  The second update came in last night. This one is from Hannah, the owner and trainer of Soul's colt by Evan we named Gideon. Hannah changed his name to Thor, posted the picture below and wrote:
Thor using his thinking cap today!!! He’s getting the hang of standing on rocks. He was super full of energy today on our ride and did a GREAT flying change. Safe to say I couldn’t be more glad to have a baby out of your farm. The smartest horse i’ve ever met. This boy is by FAR my heart horse and I just wanted to let you know how amazing he is. I feel like the day I put him under saddle it was like he already knew what I was doing. He’s so gorgeous and has brains. Maybe when I’m all grown up I’ll purchase another! I always feel like breeders wanna know how their babies are doing. I still remember driving up there to get him and he was just perfect.

Another wonderful update! How can I retire when I read such wonderful words and see these beautiful horses? When we started this breeding program with Raven I used to tell myself, "I want to make dreams come true as my dream came true."Twenty one years later we can say that this really did happen! Dreams really do come true!



No comments:

Post a Comment