Tuesday, October 31, 2023

First Fire

 We had a good night, mom slept 11 hours and woke up refreshed. I did not need to call Ruth. After cooking her breakfast I went home to shower and get ready for Bereans. We arrived early but there were already volunteers there waiting to get inside. Skip is still in Florida so no one had the key. My key is on my car key which is in Gulf Shores but thankfully I figured out the code.  If you would like to read about our very busy morning there click HERE. We loaded the Bibles into the back of the wheel chair van along with the studies to be mailed and the studies to be graded.  The Bibles and studies to be mailed were dropped off first at the Bartonville post office then the studies to be graded were taken to Meisters for Amanda to take to her mom for Roanoke church to grade. Roanoke will be pleased to see plenty to grade. We made it home around 12:30 pm and rested before lunch. I went home to get some laundry going before heading back over to cook lunch.  Karin arrived from Florida and gave us an update on John. He is getting stronger each day. He has to stay in Florida until Nov 30th so Karin is going back there in 10 days and will assist in his rehab until he is released.  I left for home but came back on the golf cart to drop off some candy just in case they get any trick or treaters tonight. It IS Halloween and mom has LOTS of grand and great grandchildren! Some GORGEOUS pictures came in from the lady that owns Soul's 2016 filly by Valiant. I think that was the only year we bred Soul to Valiant but looking at this mare we might have made a mistake. 






What is a little crazy is this filly was sold to a lady in California. She must have been sold and now lives back in the Midwest all the way back to Indiana. I'm really happy to see pictures of her. The new owner contacted me for more information. She was sent pictures of the day this filly was born all they way until she was weaned and shipped out. This is a good lesson for me to hang on to past pictures. Below was taken right after birth.
and below is a picture of her at weaning.
Three of our grand daughters stopped in on their way to great grandma's house to show me their costumes.  
Today was really cold for October. I think the high may have only been 35 degrees but the worst was the wind. It was blowing so hard as I was walking from mom's house to my house I thought I might have frost bite. It was so cold that even though it is still October we built a fire in the fireplace wood burner.
Even Mark is enjoying the heat.


 





No comments:

Post a Comment