Friday, October 13, 2023

Working Day

 Last night when I went into the kitchen to make the coffee for this morning I noticed the fridge wasn't cooling again.  All the food from the freezer and most of the food from the fridge were taken out and put in coolers and the fridge turned off. About then I realized I didn't see the guests arrive tonight. They had booked for 4 nights and there were 6 men working on replacing a roof. I went up to check and sure enough they had left a day early. All the laundry was pilled up to take down to the house. I think almost every dish in the apartment was in the sink so the dish washer was loaded. The pans were so bad those were thrown away.  I didn't get to bed until after 10:30.  All of that work was necessary last night as we have new guests coming in today. In the morning it was really hard to roll out of bed. The horses were fed before the walk and I was pleased to see so many of them sharing buckets.  Dancer is still boss but the others are sharing.

Just Ruth, Diane and I walked today, Joan has Co-op on Fridays. When we reached the dam the sky was getting darker, the rain hadn't started yet and the wind was calm. I stopped to take a picture of Rachel's fall decorations as the lights were still lit up.
Right after the walk I got down on the kitchen floor with the hair dryer to defrost the freezer as the fridge still wasn't working. When Mark got in he mentioned we also needed to take the back off but by that time I was back on my feet and not about to get down on the floor again. My hips are now good but I'm still too stiff to get back up easily. Instead I went to the apartment to get that cleaned and ready. It started raining so I parked the golf cart in the indoor arena. The rain was really coming down by the time the apartment was finished. At 12:35 it was still pouring when the people renting a camper arrived at Joan's. This was their first time to rent or even camp in one and needed instructions on everything. I should have worn a rain coat as a lot of instructions are outside, like how to empty tanks, where to hook up, how to work the stabilizing jacks and water hookups.  By the time they left I was drenched. I got dry clothes on then left for Sam's to pick up some items for church lunch on Sunday then went to the church to drop those off.  While at Sam's I also bought 3 new frying pans and a cookie sheet to replace the pans that were thrown away last night. I made it back by 3:00 pm just in time to get the pans put away before the guests arrived. The fridge still wasn't working so Mark took the panels off and used a hair dryer to melt the frozen block of ice off the fridge opening. I'm not sure why this is happening, neither the freezer nor the fridge was filled with food. While he was doing that I took the freezer stuff to the barn freezer and stayed to do some work there. The gym was organized, the full size mattresses brought out of the closet. Tomorrow we have guests coming in for a funeral and there are 3 families sharing the barn. 
I'll set them up tomorrow then stack them so they can choose where they want to sleep. The rain is supposed to end at 9:30 pm and the sound of rain is so soothing I'm about to fall asleep now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment