Saturday, September 1, 2018

Poor Sheena

Our day started with rain. Mark spread the sand in the indoor arena so Karin and Kayla could ride inside during the storm.


 The 3 pictures above are of Karin and Jenis, the 2 pictures below are of Kayla and Oksana. 

 They finished about the time the rain stopped so went out to clean up and rake the outdoor arena.

 The next job was to rake the round pen. 
 And the final job with the 4 wheeler was to rake the volley ball court. 
 Karin pulled Evan out next. He got a great workout. 


 She finished up with him in the outdoor arena. 

Mike and Diane are out at Middle Grove this weekend. Mike sent the picture below of the horses cooling off. It was 91 degrees out when the sun came out.
He moved a bale of hay in for them and discovered Sheena had injured her left hind leg badly. He sent the picture below.
I took the truck and trailer and picked Sheena up and sent this picture to Dr. Hoerr to see if he would come except he texted back that he was in Michigan judging an endurance ride and I should call Dr. Pallen. Dr. Pallen was sent the same picture.  As soon as I got home Sheena's leg was hosed off for about 20 minutes while waiting for Dr. Pallen. Karin, Maddie, Berlica and Faith came over to watch Dr. Pallen work on Sheena's leg.


Sheena was given 35 cc's of sulfa and then put back outside. If it rains again though she will need to come in as the bandage needs to stay dry. It should stay on until Tuesday.
There is a big group of kids over at the playground and the volley ball games are going strong tonight. A very nice text came in from the lady that bought Ayanna's colt. She sent pictures and wrote: Dear Mom and Grandma
I am here in Utah. It's 85 degrees and dry. I have made some new friends. Dillon is super nice but the old ladies are kind of crabby. I will win them over in time. I'm eating my grain and hay  I had a bath today and walked all the way down to the end of the street. I was so brave. I think I like it here with my new Mom. She spoils me a lot and kisses me. 
Tell everyone Hi and that I'm thinking of them
Love
D'Artagnan

The old ladies (I think) are the 2 mares, Dillon is the gelding. I'm so happy that he made it to his new home and his owner is HAPPY! That means so much to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment