Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Infected

Another cloudless warm morning and it reminded me of the day exactly 40 years ago when our first son was born. It was HOT, we couldn't believe how hot for the 18th day of September. Both way back then and today it hit over 90 degrees.  After the walk I tried to drive to TEMCO to pick up the Berean mail but had to take a detour. The road was all torn up right in front of the driveway. I wanted to stop at Sam's Club to pick up disposable coffee cups for the Berean workers but by the time I got to TEMCO there was not enough time to make an extra stop. Thankfully Ellen had a package of coffee cups and was more than willing to donate them.  We had a couple of surprises this morning at the Berean office. If you would like to read about that click HERE.
It was sprinkling when I got home so the last 12 bales were not delivered. I took the golf cart over to the cabin field to bring Sheena back so her leg could be cleaned and re-wrapped only to find her front leg where she got her hoof stuck in the trailer slats, hot and very painful. She doesn't want to put weight on it.  That poor mare! She was taken into the indoor, the bandage removed off her back leg and both legs hosed down. Her back leg is healing well. Sheena allowed me to wrap the leg without being sedated today. Once she was back in the stall, she was given 35 ccs of sulfa orally which she ended up spitting a lot out so she was given another 20 cc's as I had no idea how much she actually swallowed. She was also give 2 mm of bute.  Tomorrow I'll call the vet clinic to see if I can start her on injectable antibiotics. She was kept stalled and not happy about it. I ordered Wonder Dust for Sheena's leg on line from Chewy.com as they were about half price of anywhere else but in order to get free shipping I also ordered 36 rolls of Co-flex (generic brand of vet wrap). It arrived today but when the box was opened it only contained the co-flex. I dug through that box and ended up taking all the wrap out trying to find the Wonder Dust.
 The paper work said it was in there, there was only one container shipped but it just wasn't there. 
The company was called to find out why it wasn't included but the only answer was, it just didn't get packed. They are sending the Wonder Dust out tomorrow morning. That is what Sheena needs to remove any proud flesh growing. UGH, I needed that TODAY! The co-flex isn't needed until the next foaling season.  The prices from that company were good but their customer service wasn't so I'm not sure I can recommend them.
Mark brought home more hydraulic oil and diesel fuel for the skid steer. After filling dumping that both in put the skid steer back in the barn. Mom made stuffed peppers for supper and sent it over for Mark. He really enjoyed that as that is something I will never make as I don't like the smell or taste of green pepper.
Diane sent along the pictures from Sunday of their company at Middle Grove. They took the ladies on the grand tour of the place.

The ladies enjoyed the tour and were most impressed with Diane and Mike's tiny house. 


1 comment:

  1. If it's just green peppers you don't like,Judy, try using red, orange, and yellow peppers for stuffing. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete