Saturday, September 22, 2018

Bargain Shopping

We were blessed with 52 degrees this morning. What a breath of fresh air! Joan, her youngest 3 and mom pulled out at 4:45 am for their trip to Gulf Shores. I took a quick trip to Sam's Club at 7:30 am to get groceries for tomorrow's meal along with a fruit to take down to Gulf Shores for our trip tomorrow. Karin pulled in right behind me as I got home and helped bring in the groceries.  We decided to move Missy, her filly
along with Tatiana and her colt
out to Middle Grove so there are less horses here while I'm gone.  We were going to bring Lily's colt back but the herd was no where in sight and neither of us wanted to spend all morning hiking. Diane passed us called to report that the Dollar General in Farmington had all of their summer toys and swim stuff marked down 40% AND it was buy 1 get 2 free. I just can't pass up a bargain like that. After the truck and trailer were put away I took the car to the Dollar General in Hanna City only to find this store was only 25% off plus buy 1 get 2 free and they had no rafts.  I confess I bought some small stuff but went out of their disappointed. The items were put in the car and I turned around to take the cart back into the store and ran into Beth Meister who was also taking advantage of the bargains. She told me the store in Farmington still has rafts so I drove to Farmington. Now for the record I'm driving the Prius (great gas mileage) and planned on buying a lot more than just a few rafts. By the time I finished with both stores I had spent $101.00 got more than $300.00 worth of toys and gifts. Those were all taken upstairs and locked up for later. With 12 grandchildren it never hurts to have gifts on hand. This evening Joan's airbnb guests came over for the grand tour. We visited all the mares, the 2 weanlings, both stallions, then drove over to the cabin field and took Cookie out for a pony ride for their twin boys. On the way back we grabbed Evan and took him to the outdoor arena to show off his tricks. Of course I had to let him run and of course he bucked his usual big air.
 I didn't have my camera but I asked him to bow, 
 lay down
And sit. 
By the time we quit the sun was setting.  These guests are Alan and Jessica and their twin boys Milo and Remi. They are from Georgia and are travel bloggers. They originally planned on booking the barn apartment but that was already taken this weekend. Joan was leaving for Gulf Shores and opened up her house to them.  To read their blog just click Ready SET GO. They fit right in with our family and Joan's house was just perfect for them. Jessica was an exotic pet rescue and had rehabbed and trained parrots. She gave Sarah ideas for her parrot Patti. Jessica told me they stayed up late visiting with Sarah and Hannah. Of course the boys had a ball playing with all the toys at Joan's house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment