Saturday, October 28, 2017

Showing Foals

Another damp cold windy morning that really didn't improve the rest of the day. I was able to get the graining done by myself this morning. First time since open heart surgery. I'm thankful for each time another job can be accomplished. Two of the bale feeders were also pulled out. Tomorrow we will need to put in new bales but today the horses will clean up the left overs. Sangria and Serenity love laying down in that as soon as the bale feeder is out. They love that soft comfortable bed. Sangria is smart, not only is it comfortable, she can eat without any effort and nibbles away.
Anni showed up first this morning. She was pulling out Ayanna but asked, Just to be sure, "is this Ayanna?" It was and Anni was told how to identify her more easily. Anni is going to be riding Ayanna in the spring show and wanted to try taking her out on the trails by herself. Below Anni is coming back with Ayanna after a VERY successful trail ride. Chewy and Studley followed them on the ride and had a ball. Notice Anni's face, it really was that cold out.
Jessica let those adorable pug puppies out right about that time. They are learning to go outside to potty. Jessica is doing such a great job with these puppies. I think all of them are leaving for their new homes next week. 

Karin and Kayla came over at 9:00 am to help with getting the foals ready to show. We had a lady coming from 5 hours away and she wanted to see Envy and Darla. Below Darla is following Oksana into the barn. 
 Karin put a halter on Darla and Kayla was given a brush and told to make her pretty. 
Meanwhile Anni took Ayanna out to the outdoor arena for a few pictures. 

 Anni knows the cue to ask Ayanna for a bow. These two are a good match. 
The next foal brought in was Envy. Chewy, Anni's dog was curious about this small horse but Envy just ignored him. 
 Envy went right over to the window to see what was happening outside.  At 3 months old she is tall enough to easily look out. 
 Below Kayla is grooming up Indy
 Karin tied Envy, picked up all her hooves and got her groomed up to show. 
 We went inside for some lunch. Stephanie (the lady wanting to see the fillies) arrived about 1:00 pm. We showed her each filly then took them outside one at a time so she could see them move. Once they were put away Rhoda brought Evan out and did he ever show off. Evan is the sire of both of these fillies. It was so cold we had snow hitting us every once in a while in the face. We just didn't stay out that long. Stephanie also looked at Valiant then started her long drive home. Karin, Nolan, Rhoda and Lee decided to go trail riding and pony young Rosaleigh over the 'death trails' Below they are just heading out. I was much to cold to stick around taking pictures so just snapped this one as they were leaving.
 Sarah brought their dog Arrieta and her 3 puppies. They were very content to lay in their bed by the fire. 
To see the individual puppy pictures click HERE
The trail riders made it back pretty frozen but said all the horses did great. Rosaleigh jumped the creek instead of plowing through it but at least she was exposed to lots of new things. My next job was to pick any tomatoes still on the vines. We are expecting a hard freeze tonight. The tomatoes were brought in, cleaned up and wrapped. This should give us at least a couple more weeks of garden tomatoes. 
Mark went out to put a new headlight on the truck and made it back just about the time we were suppose to leave for the Skyline Benefit at the Fellowship Hall. Mom was called to tell her we were going to be a few minutes late picking her up. We had a good time but both of us ended up buying way more than we planned at the auction. Oh well, it was a good meal, good time and a fun auction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment