Sunday, May 8, 2011

Video Warning

So instead of an edifying time at the choir picnic Mark and I watched the video Eva Jean lent us called Amish Grace. This is the true story of the Amish school shooting. I'm very relieved no one came over last night, they would have thought someone died. This morning my eyes are still swollen from weeping over the movie. The dreams during the night were disturbing and each time I awoke the scenes from the movie flashed through my mind all over again. One of the mothers lost both of her daughters, she was explaining that she waits to hear her 2 daughters singing over their chores and when she doesn't hear them she starts praying she can forgive the shooter, then an hour later must pray again and the next hour again. The movie actually showed how important forgiveness is and when one cannot forgive the ramifications of not forgiving. Mark felt the initial reactions of the lead character were not as believable as expected but so heart wrenching. I recommend it to anyone struggling with trying to forgive someone. This was a most horrible crime committed against good families and yet the Amish forgave.
Hope I don't see anyone this morning at the farm, the horses don't care how bad I look they are glad to see the grain bucket, and hopefully the bags under the eyes will disappear before church.

No comments:

Post a Comment